Friday 25 November 2016

A View of the Countryside


Hello Folks

Another week has slipped by and once again I wonder where the time goes.  The other day one of my friends rather cheekily suggested that I need to go on a time-management course.  At my age indeed!  I don't think it is a question of managing my time but more a case of me trying to cram too many things into each day.  Most of it is fun stuff so I am not complaining!


At this time of year, living in the countryside I miss the green and golden fields of summer which have been replaced by the  ploughed brown earth of winter.  So today I have decided to post a little reminder of days gone by when ploughing was a much tougher job but probably a more tranquil one, without the use of heavy farm machinery but just the gentle plod of the horses hooves and the jingle of their harness.





Using a Stamp Addicts stamp set Gypsy Caravan No. 2, I have stamped on watercolour card and coloured with a combination of distress inks using a blending tool and watercolour pens.  The scarecrow is from the same stamp set which I have also watercoloured and then cut out and mounted with foam pads, offset to the side of the card.  Finally I have sneaked in a rabbit from a Hobby Art stamp set Fawn & Flora CS046D.  I must admit to being a huge fan of
Hobby Art Stamps as not only do their stamp sets feature main images that can be used as the focal point on a card but they also provide lots of handy little additions like this one.  I hope you like it.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Anne
xx

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card Anne. That's a beautiful stamp. The scarecrow and little rabbit make great additions too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete