Wednesday 20 December 2017

Wooden Blocks For Christmas

Hello Crafty Friends

Are you all set for Christmas?  Not much left to do here, so it's time to catch up with a bit of blogging!


A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to attend a workshop with Jo Firth-Young at The Craft Studio where we decorated blocks of wood!  I kid you not! 


Jo brought along different sizes of rough sawn wooden blocks that had been sanded on the surfaces that we were to paint.

Firstly we painted them with a wash of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints and then had a lovely painty day stamping and decorating to our hearts content.


As I am such a slowcoach with my crafting - I wander off into my own little world of daydreams -  it is quite lovely there, I had to finish my blocks at home.  As I didn't have enough JOFY Christmas images available I am afraid a few rogue snowmen have crept on to my finished blocks. Sorry Jo!


Here are they are photographed from various angles.
























If you would like to check out how the professionals do it then pop over and have a look at Jo's blog.


Hope this finds you well and feeling festive!

Thanks for visiting me today
Bye for now
x Anne




































6 comments:

  1. Wow Anne they,re absolutely gorgeous and you certainly did a good amount of work. I love Jo,s stamps. It sounds like a wonderful day. Well I don't see any rough snowmen (even if they were,t all Jo,s) just a lot of cuties. Have a lovely Christmas. Hugs, Barbxx
    ,re

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Anne, beautifully painted - wonderful decorations.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, they're fabulous, Anne! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fab, love how you've decorated them. Hmm, hubby is a joiner.... I wonder what I can find lurking in his workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anne these are gorgeous - love your walking snowman!
    Christmas blessings to you and yours
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look absolutely fab and I bet fun to make. Hope 2018 will be a Healthy and Crafty one. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete